Position Opening at IJPC
July 23, 2012
INTERCOMMUNITY JUSTICE AND PEACE CENTER
PART-TIME POSITION OPENING
Position Description: The primary focus of this 20 hour per week position is the IJPC Immigration Program. The Youth Educating Society (YES), a committee of young adult immigrants and their friends working for comprehensive immigration reform is a major focus. This includes facilitation of regular meetings, recruitment, planning training sessions, updating membership about legislation and action possibilities, and collaborating with national organizations. The immigration program does educational programs, witnesses to injustice of the present system, works with the media, maintains a current website, and occasionally works with individuals. Non-immigration related responsibilities are assigned based on time and skills.
Salary and benefits are based on experience.
· Excellent communications skills
· Excellent computer skills
· Knowledge of social media
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
· Knowledge of immigration issues
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively
· Has reliable transportation
· Skill in facilitation of meetings and program planning
· Experience with the media
· Experience with grass roots organizing
· Skill in conducting training sessions
Immigrants are encouraged to apply.
The position will be open until a qualified applicant is hired. Preference will be given to applications received prior to August 20, 2012
Intercommunity Justice and Peace Center was founded in 1985. The office is in Over-the-Rhine Cincinnati. IJPC educates and advocates for peace, challenges unjust local, national and global systems, and promotes the creation of a non- violent society. IJPC is a 501©3 nonprofit organization. For more information about the activities of IJPC go to ijpc-cincinnati.org.
E-mail Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org